Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming the music video

I was able to film some scenes and be the actress in the music video. There was no other girl that could play the part, and Darwin and I asked our friend Juan, to play the boyfriend. I needed pictures of Juan and I together in order to have me scrolling through pictures in the first scene. Once we finished with that, I was recorded from an over-the-shoulder shot, with the TV on to add more detail. I used eye drops to make it seem like I was crying in the second scene. There were many takes for both of these scenes, probably 12 in total. The next easiest scene was of me in the kitchen cutting some type of vegetable to make it seem like I was cooking. I prepared by taking out a cutting board and choosing a knife. I had nothing in my fridge for food, so I took the next best thing which was a pepper. When filming, the camera was at a high angle looking down on me.

Now we had to shoot two scenes in a room, because it was supposed to be at night and the couple would be asleep. To make it believable, I had to close the curtains (which shut-out light) to make it "night-time." I got under the comforter, and pretended to sob while Juan laid next to me. We had to have our backs facing each other, because that is what depicts the mood of the clip. I kept laughing while recording this scene, but it worked out because it looked like I was crying. After filming mostly in the house, Darwin, Juan, and I took the setting outside, across the street from my house. We needed a different house to distinguish that the boyfriend is not in the same location. I asked my neighbor in advanced if we can use his house as our setting. For the scene of the boyfriend backing out in a car, I asked my mom if we could borrow her new car.

It was my turn to be behind the camera, and my plan for these next scenes were very detailed. I recorded Juan and my friend, Emily, walking out of my neighbor's house together. Once I was done with that, I filmed Juan in the car looking at bouquet of flowers in the passenger seat. This took a couple of takes because the car is an awkward size to be able to record his face and pan down to the flowers. Darwin had to take Juan's place for the next scene, because it involved him driving. I got in the backseat of the SUV and shot a couple of takes of Darwin driving the car. I had to go back to being the girlfriend in the next few scenes. One clip was of Juan and I eating together for dinner. Darwin filmed me bringing food to the table and sitting down.

Lastly, Darwin filmed Juan arriving at my house; his role was to play the boyfriend and have him bring flowers to his girlfriend (which is me). My part was to open the door, realize he brought me flowers, and kiss him on the cheek as a way of saying thank you. This scene painfully had a lot of takes in order to get the right one. The last take is the clip we will end up using because it went smoother.



No comments:

Post a Comment