Thursday, January 16, 2020

Start of Final Task

I am excited to share this journey of creating and presenting a final task for Cambridge. I have been taking AICE Media Studies for five months now, and I can use these skills and apply them to this last project. I came into this class thinking it would be very easy, and my expectations have been met. I've always wanted to create video presentations for school and that was made possible with this course. I have followed directions for the commercial and music video that we did earlier in the school year. This means that my grades have been great, and will continue because it is pretty hard to fail. Also, it is somewhat difficult choosing groups for these assignments, so I usually just go with what people want; as long as I wasn't working by myself. For the final task, I will be working with Emily, Rafael, and Darwin (again). I am finally in a group where all four members are included. This was possible because two of my classmates had their minds set on individual work for the film.

There are many angles, movements, and shots that I have learned and I know specifically which ones fit for which genres. For example, a trunk shot works more for a mystery genre, or action, where someone is getting kidnapped. It is important to establish what shots will be recorded for each scene, maybe if there is a two-shot or an over-the-shoulder shot. When it came to editing, clips had to be transitioned smoothly in order for the video not to be choppy. I have used a lot of graphic matches because once you have the idea of how objects will be seamlessly put together, it is very easy. I also know how to input audios into the editing studio since the other two projects required music. I am excited to use other implements of sound in the final task, for example, a voiceover. I believe that it would fit right for the first two minutes of a movie because it develops the theme that will occur in the rest of the film. Especially with the following pitches that my group and I came up with.

A pitch is a term used with movie producers, where it describes an idea for a film, and it is summarized in 25 words or less. Usually with one sentence.
First pitch: Group of friends hanging out by the pool and two of the friends has swapped bodies after recovering the phone that has been dropped.
Second pitch: A teenage girl is ready for her night out with friends, and she decides to hitch a ride with a complete stranger who offered it.
Third pitch: A teen love story between a boy and a girl where there is believed they have mutual feelings, but the boy is really just using her for her smarts.

Below are pictures of t us brainstorming

No comments:

Post a Comment