Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Editing the few scenes filmed

From both of those days that my group and I filmed, we only collected the first 7 pages of the storyboard. We are missing the final 3 pages, which include more dialogue between both characters. However, I still decided to use my computer's editing studio to gather all of the video clips recorded, in order to observe what the final task would look like so far. This editing studio is different than the original iMovie that I have used in the past. However, I found it very simplistic, where the easiest tools were available, such as cutting or trimming a clip, muting the audio, and adding background music and transitions. I only wanted to combine the scenes in chronological order, so I did not mind the type of editing software that I would use. I took the SD card and dumped all of the footage onto a folder. I went through the folder, proceeding to select which clips would work for the opening sequence, deleting the takes that failed. Once I had chosen and labeled all videos, I added the clips into the 'raw footage' section of the editing studio. I dragged all of the videos from that section onto the video track. Without editing, the whole product was around 5 minutes, and not all of the scenes were even there.

I obviously had to trim most of the footage and decide which scenes are too long in order to potentially reshoot. At first, it was very frustrating to edit these scenes because after I kept rewatching them, the acting started to seem unrealistic and I found the video to be choppy. Although I did not want to keep working, I did not give up and managed to shorten the time to a minute and 45 seconds. To achieve this, I had to speed up long clips and cut out the short ones, but of course, not without the approval of my group members. I also trimmed as much of the raw footage that I could. The only problem I have with the opening sequence so far is that the video is too long and we have 15 seconds left to add the last 3 pages of the storyboard. I want to be able to reshoot some scenes with my groupmate Darwin because all of his footage is what makes the video long. There are 18 boxes left on the storyboard to record, and other boxes have to be refilmed, especially my dialogue with the phone call and a shot of the car driving off onto the street. I plan on gathering all of the footage once we are done filming, and then messing around with the iMovie studio; for example, transitions and finally adding music, and this needs to be added for the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment