Wednesday, February 19, 2020

First Day of Filming

My group met up at my house, on our day off from school, to begin filming in the afternoon. I provided the location and props that we needed for our scenes. This long process was very stressful for me because I had to help the director and be an actor for the film as well. The first scene required my dog and it was in my room. While our team member Emily was setting up the camera, I chose clothes to throw onto the bed and set my dog's position. I had to use treats in order for him to stay in my room long enough to get a few takes. There were different reactions from my dog every time, and although it is a thriller, I added a 'cute' aspect of throwing pieces of clothing onto him. After having a few clothes go onto the bed, I walked into frame, grabbed my outfit, and walked back out of frame. The next easiest thing to film was the establishing shot of my house, so I had to move my parent's car that was parked in the driveway, in order to only have the car that would be the kidnapper's. I stood across the street with a member from another group gathering a 40-second clip of my yellow house. Once I finished,  I had to start filming the scenes with my groupmate Darwin. The idea from the storyboard was followed, where "Kenneth" had to grab his clothes from the closet and leave. I had to start recording and place the camera in the closet to start the scene. I helped place the clothes on hangers because Darwin was already in his pajamas. Moving onto the next scene was the kidnapper shaving his face. I had to place the shaving cream on the actor and make a red paste to act as fake blood. I used common condiments: at first, just ketchup, but I added barbecue sauce and strawberry jam after. Basically, I would set up the scene and have a member of another group record it. This took more than just 6 takes because the actor did not know how to cooperate. This means that the first day of filming was not that successful because we did not get very far.

No comments:

Post a Comment