Saturday, February 22, 2020

The Filming Continues

My group needed to get work done the next time we met up. I had a plan to continue filming by the storyboard, meaning in chronological order. I decided to take a shower in the morning so that I could have a steamed bathroom for one of the scenes. Once I finished, Emily came into the bathroom after I got dressed, but I kept the shower on, to keep the mirror steamy. I put on a bathrobe as part of a costume and had to walk from the shower to the mirror and wipe off the steam. This was supposed to be a pan, and there would be natural lighting coming from the window. After this, I had to do the rest of my acting scenes, such as, getting ready in the bathroom and walking into my room to pick up my phone that was ringing. I also had to learn the dialogue that would finally be presented in our film. This happened in my room at five o'clock in the evening, to have the right lighting. Emily filmed the scenes of me walking into the frame and the close up of the phone leading to my face. There had to be a few takes because I kept messing up the dialogue, and every time we would restart the set, it would take a moment for the camera to refocus on the iPhone. After filming this whole scene, I had to film Darwin outside before he had to leave. I recorded a tracking shot of him taking some tools to the trunk of a car. This was where I had to set up the camera for a trunk shot of him placing the tools inside. I wanted to get in the car to observe his acting from the screen, but I could not figure out how to access the trunk from the back seat. Instead, I did what I did with the closet scene, which was to start recording on the camera and place it inside the car. Finally finished with the immobilized vehicle scenes, I had to film Darwin driving off with the car. However, in his take, he took forever to pull out of the driveway. Then I took over for a second take, but Emily accidentally made it a tracking shot.





No comments:

Post a Comment