Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Editing the Commercial

My group and I began editing after we finished recording on Friday. We dumped the rest of the footage onto one of the member's laptop, and proceeded to import all of necessary ones into iMovie. We took the SD card and inserted it into computer. To be cautious, we added all of our footage onto a USB drive as well. This is to have a back up just in case our videos delete or get corrupted. The recordings were imported to the editing studio and placed into the section of raw footage. I watched as Darwin added all of the videos onto the second track. I was the one who gave him advice as to where the clips should be placed. As a group, we established the sequence of all 12 scenes and then had to figure out transitions, lighting, and speed. 

With the first clip, we had to adjust the clip to make it look brighter. This is because the rest of our videos were shot in natural lighting. Besides checking how the footage looks, we had to crop some clips in order to reach the time limit, and not have ones that are too long. We were expecting to not have enough time for our vans commercial, but it ended up to be a second more. I never really helped edit the scenes, but I was the one giving my opinion of what should happen. I did have to take control in order to change the audio of some clips. For example, we basically had to mute all the clips since we wanted music instead of background noise. We planned to add a classroom bell sound to the beginning of the commercial. This was to confirm that the setting was at a school. However, we liked how the commercial worked properly without any noise, so I was in charge of just adding the music. 

The song we chose was an oldie called Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones. It fit with the idea of the commercial because it matched the feeling of being a delinquent skater. The beginning of the song started with just rock instrumental. I had to crop some of it because the actual lyrics were being sung at 30 seconds. My job was to match a part of the song with the commercial. The clips I used to help me with this was the ones where we made footwork. The first verse starts playing at the beginning of the scene, where the foot movement began. to continue, at the end, before the second to last scene, we had to make a clean transition of my foot into the camera, and Darwin's foot walking up the stairs. We also added the logo to the end of the commercial. What was bad about this is that we did not really know how to make it dissolve-in on the scene. 




No comments:

Post a Comment