Thursday, October 24, 2019

Filming the Commercial

My group and I only had an hour and twenty minutes to film every scene for the "Vans" commercial. I believed that was not enough time to record and I ended up being correct. This is because we still have to record a couple of scenes again before we can begin editing. When we first got to class, I got our equipment and we left to go shoot our first take on the stairs. I could not really help with this part since my other group member was just running down the steps. While they filmed that scene, I was practicing how to jump onto the skateboard for the next section. We finished after a few takes, and we changed locations for me to do the jumping. I was nervous to do it on my own, so I had my friend hold my hand since it was a close-up shot, which means you could not see what was really happening. I had to change into another pair of shoes while filming this, in order to have a variety of takes.

We finished this and continued to film the rest of our scenes outside of the cafeteria. In this fourth clip, it was an extreme close up of the skateboard, and I had to kick it up and catch it as if I was done riding. I had to practice a few times because the board is longer than I am, but it all worked out in the end. Our next plan was to use a friend to help us film a three-shot, however, it did not go accordingly and so we went with our backup. Our group set up the tripod, and I had to be walking while carrying the longboard and make it seem like I was meeting up with a friend. We recorded a few takes, and now I was in charge of recording the upcoming segment. I used the tripod to get a steady shot of another group member walking up the stairs with "vans attire." I made sure the lighting and angles were fine. I wanted her to go up the stairs at various speeds, and that is what each video was made for. We ended this and went to the first location to end recording for the day.

There was a certain part where I had to change into different styles of vans in order to film my feet movement. We all made some footwork and I ended the scene with this clever shot of me putting my foot in front of the camera's lens. This was supposed to transition smoothly with the next scene being a pair of regular shoes walking up the stairs. I was not the one who had the camera, but I think we need to have more takes with this clip in order to get it perfect. After reviewing the footage, I realized I was more of the actor in the commercial than the one actually recording. I was the one who could fit in the different styles of shoes. Thus, I had to be the one who was being filmed. I feel as if this project is quite straightforward because we had to replicate a very simple style. All in all, we are presenting the product we are trying to sell in a professional, yet, creative fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment