Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Editing Lesson Blog

Today in class, I learned what the process of checking out a camera and the equipment is. Besides the point, I learned how to edit footage once it is imported onto the editing studio. My group will have one SD card to use for footage, and every time we film, we have to dump our recordings onto the computer/desktop. Once the footage is dumped, we will have to import it from the folder on the computer, to the editing studio. Once finished with editing, it would be time to export the movie and when it renders, you check if everything is fit into the place. We did not get to do an example on the editing studio, but my teacher showed us how to get on it and use it. She also said that we would have to use the application with patience, for it can crash and not save your progress on your film. She made sure that we understood that we have to let the raw footage load after dragging it onto a track and want to begin using it. Personally, I see editing as a longer process than planning and studying. The reason being that you have to get all your footage ready, and then start cutting clips, removing audio, adding titles, and creating voiceovers.

Before dumping, I will create a folder for our commercial footage on my student desktop. After, I will connect the SD reader to the USB port, and find my footage on the SD card. This process takes a bit long because I am looking for the right footage to highlight and place into the"commercial folder." I would look for the footage in the folders labeled 'DCIM' or 'private--->AVCHD.' Once I am finished dumping the footage, I will continue with importing the footage onto Pinnacle Studios, which is the editing studio we will be using at school on the desktops. Once I am in the studio, I will click 'File' and start a new movie, which will clear whatever is there at the start (to start fresh). To import the footage, I click import in the application, and click on the plus sign which is found next to 'Desktop.' The takes show up, and the ones I want to use, I will check mark and continue. My raw footage will show in a large box on the top left.

To begin editing, raw footage is dragged down onto the track labeled 'AV2' and this is meant for film. If you do not let the footage load completely, it may become corrupted, or it will crash the application. You can separate clips by clicking on the button that looks like a 'razor blade,' and it will say split clip. You can right click on a clip of a scene to adjust the speed (make it faster, slow it down, and reverse the clip). If my group wants to add transitions, change the lighting(color), or add sound affects. If I would like to mute a certain sound, I would detach the audio from that clip when you right click with the mouse. In order to begin exporting, I would save the movie into the 'commercial folder' and click export. When it is exporting, the movie is rendering and that is when all the clips are sticking together. This is when I would view the movie and check if everything is the way it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment