Sunday, October 6, 2019

Introductory

Hi, my name is Mariapaula. I have been told that it's unique, but I am also asked if they can call me Maria or Paula for short. To get things straight, it is my full name. I live a somewhat ordinary life. I live with my family; my two older brothers have just moved back in. I was a pretty weird kid, but I'm not gonna lie, I still am. I have been going to school for so long, and somehow I made it to 10th grade. Anyway, to sum it up, my life has been good so far. There have been ups and downs, as my mind likes to interpret it. Regardless, I believe that I still have so much to look forward to. After I graduate high school, I plan on going to school even longer to pursue my dreams of being a Physician's Assistant. I have been asked what career I want to do ever since birth. Now it has been implanted in my brain to always work hard, especially in school. I am one of those students who gets really good grades and is always there to learn.

Speaking of learning, I get my education from Fort Lauderdale High. I was in a new environment last year and I hardly had friends; I felt like I needed some to feel more comfortable in school. I had made a few in some classes, especially ones in AICE. I am glad I go to Fort Lauderdale because I know they will provide the best education for me and with that, I can get into a good college. I am taking my last three AICE classes this year to finally earn my Cambridge Diploma. I am always pushed to do my best, coming from my teachers, my guidance counselor, and even my dad (who also works at the school.) Health Science 1 is a class I am excited about because I would be able to take an EMR class next year. Other classes on my schedule are Chemistry Honors, Pre-calculus, AP Spanish, AICE English, AICE European History, and finally AICE Media Studies.

AICE Media Studies was a class I was excited to put on my course card last year, because learning about producing and filming is really interesting to me, and doing it with my friends would be a fun process. A good thing to say so far is that I am enjoying it. We will be starting group work on our commercials next week and I find that really exciting because I get to work with my friends on this project. My teacher wants the best for us and has been teaching my class everything we need to know. She wants us to excel on the AICE exam, so she has been teaching us vocab on Camera angles, shots, and movement, sound and editing in a film, and not to forget the Mis en Scene of a movie, show, or play. It has been quite difficult to keep up with the terms, but I will eventually be able to state them all with no struggle. I am glad she is one of those teachers where you can relate to her. Also that she helps us practice how the exam would be in May. Passing this exam would not just give me one of my credits for my diploma, but also give me the feeling of accomplishment by being able to learn a lot in this course and finishing it successfully. I will talk more about this sometime in the future. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment