Monday, April 6, 2020

Adjusting to the New Norm

It has only been a week of online learning, and I can work at home just fine. However, doing school work on my computer can have its pros and cons. I am able to wake up at whatever time I want and begin working on anything on my computer. I can be in bed, at my desk, in the living room, or anywhere it is peaceful and quiet for me to learn. These are all great pros for online learning, but the cons still exist. I have found myself to procrastinate more, and not be able to finish my assignments once I start working on them. It should not be admitted, but I get distracted easily and decide to "finish my homework" later. Also, I have six teachers to learn from, so they are all giving work at one time. This workload then piles up. When I was at school, I would be more organized and motivated to complete any task, especially with the help of my teachers being face-to-face. I do not find this easy at all, because all of these factors affect my ability to learn. Without balancing my classes properly, I start to worry about stuff that I am missing, but also not wanting to do anything about it if I am. Media Studies has been a great class, I have enjoyed it for half of the year I was at school. However, the more the course progressed, the more tedious the work got. My group and I have been able to finish our movie successfully, and we were assigned to work on our Critical Reflections individually. I was hoping to pay most of my attention to this video once we came back to school from Spring Break. With self-isolation from the pandemic, it has made it a little hard to complete, but I am pushing myself to finish editing, and submitting the assignment successfully for Cambridge.
Below is a screenshot of the questions we have been working on all year for every CCR. In another tab, I have answered these questions, because I needed an idea of what to say for my videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment