Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Second Project: Music Video

This post is to talk about my progress from the commercial to the music video. With this next assignment, it was meant to be around a minute long. This time, I only had a partner for my assignment, because while picking a song, a friend disagreed. We were able to get our work done, especially since choosing the music took two days. Every time we considered a song, we had to make sure if we had many things available, for example, props, actors, and even a location. Many ideas came to me for sad songs, so Darwin and I ended up choosing a song by Sam Smith and asked his friend if he could be apart of it. Doing this project made you have to become organized. For example, we had to plan filming days, because it had to work according to everyone's schedule. I was able to provide a location and any props that we needed. Also, in order for our group to meet up, I gave my friends transportation as well. If I needed to do whatever to get the assignment done, then I did it. The main editing tool we used during this project was cross-cutting scenes of two different characters. We used the camera provided by our school again and even used the tripod for a scene. On the first filming day, we shot everything we could and began to edit. There would also be days where we would edit at school and get advice from our teacher. Once we realized that our video was still short and it looked choppy, we returned to the drawing board and figured out how to fix the issues. This project took more time than the commercial. Refilming and re-editing took place, and we were able to complete the music video. Although this took more effort, I would love to do it again, especially since I made a new friend out of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment