Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Our First Project: Commercial

I am uploading the first project that we ever worked on in AICE Media. This assignment was a good one to start with. A thing I appreciate for this class is that we get to do this work in a group. In this project, we got to brainstorm ideas for a 30 second commercial about a specific product. Vans ended up being the company for our commercial, and we followed the conventions of making it adventurous. While filming angles and movements, we had to start with the basics.  For example, we hardly had any faces in our commercial, so the camera was always at a low angle, at our feet. We did not want to have extreme scenes for our first video. However, we still made it fun with certain transitions. We incorporated scenes that had to be edited together, like our action match. We had a groupmate walk in front of the camera, and that started the next scene of her walking up some stairs. We also did a clip transition where I put my foot up to the camera, leading into the scene of Darwin walking back up the steps. I believe this was the smoothest transition we could ever get out of the three projects. I like to think of this project as the assignment we did before "leaving the nest." I say that because the school campus was the only location we were allowed to film and edit. The only problem with filming at school was that we still had to follow rules. So it really wasn't the best decision to do a skating commercial on campus. Also, this was one of the times we had to find music that went along with our commercial, and that was the first thing we found when discussing. I am so glad I did a project like this, I wish I got it again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment