Monday, March 16, 2020

Editing: Combining all the scenes

I previously blogged about editing the clips together, that we had recorded so far. However, my group and I had a couple of film days to gather all of the scenes. I knew for a fact I had to edit twice because I needed to add all of the videos together to see how long the final product would be. These days are both in February and March. I used a different editing software as I did the first time I edited it. Because the software used first was not going to be the official one that my group will use for the actual video. Every time we collect footage, I sort it out before putting it in the software. That means I delete any takes that would not be used. On that Friday night, when we finished filming, I got the SD card and I started to delete any unused footage. That was a huge mistake on my part because I accidentally deleted the scene of the actor getting in the car, to transition him actually leaving the house. Instead, I should've put the takes that would be used into a folder, instead of deleting the ones that would not be used. I started to freak out once I deleted the scene, and I did not know what to do. At first, I tried all of these websites that claimed to restore erased data on an SD card. However, they all charged a price for a year-long membership, and I knew it was not worth it if I just wanted to recover one video. While panicking, I decided to talk to Emily and ask her what I should do. In the end, we asked everyone, and apparently, that scene was not as important as we thought it was. To prevent me from making any other mistakes, I let Rafael edit the rest of the scenes together. With this, we still have not edited the sound or soundtrack yet. This would be discussed later in another blog about editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment