Thursday, March 12, 2020

Helping A Friend Film

Every film day, we have had a lone wolf group join us, in order to utilize my group as actors. Macy was another classmate that collaborated with us for her to film her final product. She was also doing a thriller, which was the right setting for us to work together. Her main characters were Emily and Darwin, and I provided a location for her. Along with the location, I gave her some props, like a white board, a knife, and some pictures printed out. Any costume she needed, I was able to give to her so that she could have a perfect video. The first scene needed was with Emily and I set up the bathroom to look messy, as if someone was just getting ready. I put makeup products over the counter and got a hairbrush for Emily to use as a prop. I basically provided a location, because next Macy had to go outside to film a few more scenes with Emily. Also, to prepare for a scene that involved Rafael and I, Macy had to take mugshots of Darwin and Emily, for their “spy” characters. I needed to give Darwin a black leather jacket from my brother’s closet to complete the look. Once those pictures were taken, I had to paste them to a google doc, to make it seem like an assistant was looking for a target. Then my part as an actor came in; I was assistant #1. I sat at a desk, with a computer in front of me, and I had to say a few lines. I didn’t have time to memorize them, so I wrote the dialogue on a small white board and read them out loud. Since I play video games, I had a headset with a microphone, to have the full costume as an assistant. There were a few takes, since I did not know how to read and kept stumbling over my words. Once we finished with that, Macy had to end her film day with a scene of Darwin and Emily dropping a picture. I printed out the picture for her to use, and she used the scraps to make a paper gun. I was very glad to work with Macy, because she helped my group, and in return, we helped her.


No comments:

Post a Comment