Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Reshooting scenes from peer review

My group had received our peer review, and they were happy with what he had so far. However, they did say that some scenes were too long and that there was no audio. I was aware of the fact of not having audio besides some dialogue, and we said that we had to find the song and analyze what sounds would be important for the final task. Since I finally memorized my lines, my group had an easier time reshooting the scene of Carolina answering a phone call. Emily only had to do a few takes, since I would only mess up with the position of the phone. That wasn’t a major inconvenience to what I thought about the final product. I realized that on both filming days, we used 2 different colored cars because the first one wasn’t available. So in the establishing shot, there was a white car instead of a black car. I was in charge of taking the camera back out across the street and filming my house for 20 seconds. Before this, I had to reposition the cars that were already in my driveway. The 3 other cars that were parked had to be driven onto the street, while the black car was parked in reverse on the driveway. I needed an eye-level shot of just that one car, so I tried not to get the other cars that were parked on the street. I finished filming and headed back inside to find Darwin, or Kenneth, to record him brushing his teeth. The peer group reviewed that Kenneth’s scene of him shaving was too slow, and we made that accordingly for the camera to focus. However, I did agree with this and decided to take another approach that involved water. We needed to keep the element of an action match, so it was either for Darwin to wash his face or brush his teeth. I gathered toothpaste and a new toothbrush and had “Kenneth” do the same actions for the scene. I had a few takes with this, but it finally worked on the last recording. And it was under 15 seconds which was very exciting. Every other scene did not have to be re-filmed because it would be edited to fit into the final video. Below is a picture of me discussing with Darwin about what he should be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment