Thursday, March 19, 2020

Editing: Incorporating sound and the song

It took a moment to look for the royalty-free song for our opening sequence. My group had multiple options before we chose a chill song called Summertime. When planning for this video, we anticipated that the sound would not be loud enough. For example, the diegetic of the car keys and the engine of a car turning on. We were afraid that the audience would not be able to hear these sounds. While filming, we recorded some of the objects making noises in order to edit it into the final product. Then when we finally edited the scenes together, we clipped the sound audios and added them to the track. We isolated the audio from the original videos, inserted them, and placed them under the correct scene. By the correct scene, I mean where the audio was supposed to meet up with the video. I watched Rafael isolate all of the sound effects while I placed them under the scenes. While doing this, my group was looking for music options. We searched for many websites with royalty-free music. We had an idea of having a relaxing song for the opening sequence. We played it out loud amongst ourselves every time we found a possible selection. We went through 7 songs, and 3 of them came from me. However, none of the ones I chose were planned on being used. That is when my group finally chose a song by the artist Egozi. It was from someone I have never heard of before, but that is why royalty-free music exists. We downloaded the song from the website and applied it to the music track in the diting software. We then realized that the sound effects sounded weird along with the music, so we had to get rid of them.




No comments:

Post a Comment